Join Our 2023 Membership Program
The Pittston Township Ambulance Association seeks the public support via a Membership Donation Subscription program. This program, open to residents of Pittston Township and surrounding communities, provides the residents a means to show their support of the local EMS operation via an annual suggested donation. The donation stays right here in our community and is tax deductible in accordance with IRS rules and regulations.
- TO BECOME / OBTAIN / RENEW YOUR MEMBERSHIP FOR 2023 –
- Click the “Donate” button in the black box on the right.
- Follow the instruction in all subsequent window entries – making sure you also provide your resident address!
- Please note that a $1.55 convenience fee is automatically added / included for your online membership subscription. The convenience fee covers the online costs/fees assessed for processing the online banking transaction. It is in addition to the $35.00 membership donation.
- Donations above the Annual Membership Subscription of $35.00 do not incur any added convenience fee.
- As your email address will be available, you will receive an email to subscribe to our Community Emergency Notification Service (CENS) program.
- Need a change of information on your Membership Card? Look for the words “Add a note to your donation”. Click that and type in the change requested and we will update our database.
- By making your membership donation online, it is not necessary to mail in / return your Membership Card.
For more details of our Membership Program, please read below. Any further questions, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call our office at 570-654-4717.
The general outline of this program is as follows:
Membership subscriptions are opened annually and mailed to Pittston Township residents of record and to those in neighboring communities who have requested memberships in the past. The membership is enforce for a calendar year.
Upon providing the suggested monetary donation, the residential location and all of the persons residing in a common household, along with visiting guests, are exempt for any costs not covered by insurances for Ambulance Service provided by the Pittston Township EMS, or its Mutual Aid providers, along with Advanced Life Support Services when utilized.
Upon receiving EMS from the Pittston Township Ambulance, the patients permits all EMS provider(s) associated with their care, to bill their insurance carrier for services provided and receive payment for services provided.
The Pittston Township Ambulance only provides and responds to calls received via Luzerne County 911 dispatch. Due to the number of actual Emergency calls received, non emergent responses, such as routine transports from hospitals to home or for doctor office visits, will not be made or scheduled.
Public training programs (such as CPR training) when offered, can be attended with payment for cost of program only.
Additional benefits maybe offered as determined by the Ambulance Association Board of Directors.
NON SUBSCRIPTION RESIDENTIAL RESPONSES – Persons/residential locations having a need for EMS and utilizing the Pittston Township Ambulance will be responsible for any and all costs not reimbursed by medical insurances. Upon receiving EMS from the Pittston Township Ambulance, the patient permits and authorizes the EMS provider, or its Mutual Aid providers, along with Advanced Life Support Services when utilized, to bill their insurance carrier for services provided and receive payment for services provided. The patients will then receive a follow up billing for payment of any non-covered expenses incurred.